My in-laws came into town for my daughter’s birthday. I knew Sunday morning would be busy with last minute tasks and church before her party. I wanted to prepare an easy healthy breakfast for 6.
I chopped the veggies the night before. In morning cracked a dozen eggs and mixed with veggies and baked.
Simple and delicious!
This recipe is from the 21 day fix Extreme Eating Plan. A serving equals 1 green and 1 red.
Makes 6 servings, 2 vegetable egg cups each
Nonstick cooking spray
12 large eggs
sea salt & ground pepper (to taste, optional)
1 (10 oz) bag baby spinach, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 green onions, finely sliced
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Lightly coat a 12 cup muffin tin with spray
3. Place eggs in large bowl:whisk to blend. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Add spinach, pepper and onions. Mix well.
5. Evenly pour egg mixture into muffin cups.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cups comes out clean.