This Coconut and Lime Cauliflower Fried Rice balances fresh, bright flavors like lime juice and lime zest with coconut milk and shredded coconut.
Cauliflower absorbs the flavor of almost anything you cook with it (in this case, creamy coconut milk, zesty lime juice, and fresh cilantro), and bumps up your vegetable intake.
This “fried rice” recipe makes a large batch (8 servings) and extras store well in the fridge. So, if you’re not serving a crowd, wrap up any leftovers and enjoy them during the week.
Serve the rice as a side with protein, or feel free to get creative and add other veggies or meat to make a stir-fry.
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces (or one bag frozen cauliflower rice 12-16 ounces)
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil, divided use
- 1 (13.66-oz.) can unsweetened organic coconut milk
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided use
- 4 tsp. finely chopped lime zest
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro; reserve a small amount for garnish
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- (If using fresh, place half of cauliflower in food processor; pulse until cauliflower is chopped into pieces about the size of rice. Repeat with the other half. Set aside.)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add cauliflower; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, coconut, and 3 Tbsp. lime juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 12 minutes, or until tender and liquid evaporates.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, and salt; cook for 2 minutes, or until lime juice evaporates.
- Divide evenly into eight serving bowls; garnish evenly with cilantro.
*recipe courtesy of Beachbody blog